history of the VILLA
The horseshoe-shaped building consists of a central body and two side wings.
Look for the building that dates back to the late 15th century. It has a medieval façade, enriched by a pair of Venetian mullioned windows and a plaque with Dante's verses from the Divine Comedy. There are several panels on the facade, including the coat of arms of the Perotti family, with a pear tree surmounted by two stars, and the lion of Saint Mark.
ERA GIA' GRANDE E GIA' ERAN TRATTI
A LE CERULE SIZZII ED ARRIGUCCI
Paradiso, Canto XVI, versi 106-108
Ancient 19th-century cadastral maps, dating from the Napoleonic (1814) and Habsburg (1860s) periods, are reliable witnesses to the villa's long history.
The most romantic part of the villa was created by Countess Marianna Sizzo in 1823. With great taste, she designed the lush garden that mixes romantic and Italian styles. Relaxing in the coolness of the park with century-old trees, you can reach the belvedere. From here linger and admire the sweeping view of the Adige Valley and the city of Trento. Observe the trees: the Cedar of Lebanon, the Acacia of Japan, and the palm trees, they all have a romantic style.
The Romantic mountain chalet, whose architecture recalls a Swiss chalet, was fashionable at the time. The attic is adorned with typical Alpine motifs reminiscent of half-timbered houses, typical of central Europe. Originally it was a winter greenhouse, with wide, light-filled windows set to the southeast, where exotic palnts were kept in winter. Look at the trees: the Cedar from Lebanon, the Acacia from Japan, and palm trees, all of which are romantic in style.